The Duke of Cambridge keeps a few subtle mementos of his marriage to Kate Middleton in one of the rooms where he hosts dignitaries
A photo of the Duke of Cambridge’s recent meeting with London Mayor Sadiq Khan about his upcoming Earthshot Prize celebration revealed that William, 39, keeps a copy of Kate’s book Hold Still: A Portrait of Our Nation in 2020 on the coffee table in an office at Kensington Palace where he welcomes dignitaries.
Reminders of Kate
Released in May, Hold Still features 100 portraits reflecting the many different faces of individual experiences amid the COVID pandemic. Proceeds from the book raised will be split between leading mental health charity Mind and the National Portrait Gallery.
Just over Khan’s shoulder, there is also a framed photo of William and Kate’s 2010 engagement announcement, when the soon-to-be Duchess of Cambridge wowed in a striking blue Issa dress complementing her sapphire engagement ring once worn by Princess Diana.
Pandemic restrictions eased – Royal Family engagements increase
Though some pandemic restrictions remain in place in the U.K., the royals’ schedules have been ramping up in recent weeks, with several in-person events with both domestic and global leaders.
A few days later, the Queen, 95, welcomed Australian Prime Minister Scott Morrison to Windsor Castle for her first in-person audience in more than a year, and Morrison informed the Queen she was “quite the hit.”
“Everyone was talking about you at dinner the next night,” he said.
“Oh, Lord,” the Queen replied. “Were they really?”
“They were,” Morrison said. “They were thrilled to see you.”
And based on a few of the Queen’s recent engagements, it would seem that she and her grandson, William, share a subtle sentimental streak and devotion to family. Read more: people
- Kate Middleton prefers ‘practical Christmas presents’ for children
- Amol Rajan’s anti-royal tweets on Kate Middleton and Princes William, Charles and Philip unearthed
- BBC’s Amol Rajan APOLOGISES for ‘rude and immature’ attacks on royals
- Sir Tommy Steele beams with delight after receiving knighthood from Princess Anne
- BBC man at centre of royal show storm attacked Kate and William as ‘total frauds’
- Carole Middleton reveals she has a ‘very silly Christmas’ in store for her grandchildren