CAROLE Middleton has “immense” influence on Prince William and Kate, according to a royal expert.
Royal author Phil Dampier described Kate’s mother as a “power behind the throne”. Mr Dampier added that Carole, 66, is a “stabilizing and supportive force in the background” for the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, as well as looking after Prince George, Princess Charlotte and Prince Louis.
The royal expert also said Carole is a “very strong woman” after working her way up from a “humble background” and establishing the Middleton’s family business Party Pieces.
Mr Dampier told The Sun: “Carole is a very strong woman who comes from quite a humble background, and the fact that she has worked herself up with a successful business has given her a backbone of steel.
“Kate turns to her for advice and comfort all the time and she spends a lot of time with William and Kate’s three children.
“Carole will be a stabilising and supportive force in the background, looking after the kids when needs be but also just being there for them.
“Carole is very much a power behind the throne and her influence is immense.”
The Middletons are known to be a very tight-knit family.
Royal author Katie Nicholl previously described Carole and Michael as an “anchor” for William and Kate.
She said the Duke of Cambridge, who is second in line to the throne, “has always loved spending time” with his parents-in-law.
Ms Nicholl added that William, who was just 15 when his mother Princess Diana died, wished he had the family dynamic the Middletons have when he was a child.
The royal expert told OK! magazine: “The Middletons have always been that anchor for Kate and William.
“It’s a real sense of normality amid any chaos.
“William has always loved spending time with all the Middletons as it’s his escapism.
“He’s close to Carole and Michael and always insisted the royal family treat them well, which the Queen has done.
“She welcomed them with open arms. Read more: daily express
- BREAKING: Britain’s Duchess of Cambridge in isolation after possible Covid-19 exposure
- BREAKING: Angry Commonwealth protestors topple and deface statues of Queen Elizabeth and her great-great-grandmother Victoria
- BREAKING: Lip reader reveals Prince William’s cautious approach when revealing Diana statue
- BREAKING: ‘Statesmanlike’ Prince William took on the ‘older brother role’ while Prince Harry was ‘flamboyant but tense’ as they reunited for unveiling of Princess Diana statue, body language expert reveals
- BREAKING: Harry arrives for reunion with William at Diana statue unveiling
- Prince Harry leaves self-isolation after five days in quarantine at Frogmore Cottage