The Queen held her weekly audience with Prime Minster Boris Johnson at Buckingham Palace today
The Queen held her weekly audience with Prime Minster Boris Johnson at Buckingham Palace today for the first time in 18-months.
Standing on a French carpet from the 17th century beneath a glittering chandelier, Her Majesty certainly pulled out all the stops for the politician as he attended the palace for the first time since the coronavirus lockdown.
In an unusual step, the palace released photos of the pair meeting, showing the audience room is full of rich, historical mementos and sweet family pictures.
Showing her affection for her grandchildren, pictures of several of them took pride of place on her desk.
Among them is the engagement photos of both Prince William and Kate Middleton and Prince Harry and Meghan Markle, as well as a wedding photo from granddaughter Zara’s marriage to Mike Tindall.
Also shown was pictures of the Queen with Prince Charles and Princess Anne with her husband Sir Timothy Laurence, scattered among 18th century artwork believed to be worth more than £2million and surprisingly a two-bar fireplace which cost just £29.99. Read more: daily mail
- Philippos of Greece will ‘marry’ his wife for a THIRD time in Athens
- Kate Middleton and Prince William in unseen photos backstage at the Earthshot Prize Awards
- Prince William and Kate Middleton are ‘very focused on having a high profile in US’
- Kate Middleton was ‘so clearly, really proud of Prince William’, says royal photographer
- How William and Kate took a leaf out of Meghan and Harry’s book with PDA Earthshot pictures
- Copy-Kate! Cambridges take a leaf out of Meghan and Harry’s book with artsy PDA pictures