MICHELLE OBAMA recalled her first meeting with the Queen and Prince Philip, opening up on the “intimidating circumstances” surrounding the event.
The former US First Lady said she was left stunned by the warmth and kindness of Prince Philip and the Queen, whom she met for the first time at Buckingham Palace following the 2008 US Presidential Elections. Ahead of her first meeting with the royals in 2009, Mrs Obama said she and her husband, former US President Barack Obama, were still getting used to the “pomp and circumstances” of the White House. Read more: daily express
Today’s Top Headlines
- Prince William tells Steve Irwin’s son Robert that his father would ‘be very proud’
- Has Kate Middleton DITCHED the bouncy blow dry?
- William Shatner says Prince William has ‘wrong idea on space travel but backs him on climate change
- Why Prince William was right to give Bezos a rocket, writes GEOFFREY LEAN
- Prince George gets ‘confused and annoyed’ when rubbish reappears the next day after litter picking
- A royal Pre-pregnancy wardrobe! Kate Middleton leads the charge