- Netflix series The Crown will feature Martin Bashir‘s interview with Diana despite Prince William‘s calls for it never to be aired again, it has been claimed.
- The next instalment of the popular series will cover the BBC reporter’s ‘dishonest’ and ‘deceitful’ 1995 Panorama interview across two episodes, reports suggested.
- A source close to the show, which is written by British playwright Peter Morgan, told The Telegraph ‘scripts are already out there’ after being written last year.
The next installment of The Crown will cover British reporter Martin Bashir’s ‘dishonest’ and ‘deceitful’ 1995 Panorama interview across two episodes, reports suggested.
They added: ‘The team were doing the most incredible research and they’ve got it all in there: the build up to the interview, how Bashir effectively groomed Diana, the interview itself, and the aftermath are all factored in over more than one episode.’
Reacting to findings of Lord Dyson’s report, which concluded Bashir was in the wrong, Prince William said last week the interview now held ‘no legitimacy’, had established a ‘false narrative’ for 25 years, and the BBC’s failings had let his mother, his family and the public down.
A senior royal source told the Mail: ‘If there are any plans to continue to commercialise and exploit this, not just by the BBC but by any other outlets – upcoming episodes of The Crown, or whoever it might be – that would be of deep concern to him.’ Read more… daily mail
- BREAKING: Britain’s Duchess of Cambridge in isolation after possible Covid-19 exposure
- Euro 2020: Prince George delights crowd watching England victory over Germany at Wembley with parents William and Kate!
- BREAKING: Lip reader reveals Prince William’s cautious approach when revealing Diana statue
- BREAKING: ‘Statesmanlike’ Prince William took on the ‘older brother role’ while Prince Harry was ‘flamboyant but tense’ as they reunited for unveiling of Princess Diana statue, body language expert reveals