The Countess of Wessex, 56, arrived alongside her husband Prince Edward, 57, as the couple visited their Scottish earldom, Forfar.
The Countess of Wessex was left howling with laughter during a trip to Scotland today after enthusiastically trying her hand at golf.
Sophie, 56, arrived alongside her husband Prince Edward, 57, as the couple visited their Scottish earldom, Forfar.
The Queen‘s youngest son excelled in diplomatic dressing as he donned a kilt for his visit to Forfar Golf Club to mark the 150th anniversary of the venue, while wife Sophie looked equally sophisticated in a floral midi dress.
Mother-of-two Sophie looked sophisticated in a floral midi dress for her engagement today
Prince Edward received the title of Earl of Forfar from the Queen for his 55th birthday, with the pair first touring the Scottish town in 2019.
Looking effortlessly elegant, Sophie donned a dark blue frock with vibrant floral features for her visit.
She teamed the look with a matching navy blazer, statement silver and amber earrings and a metallic blue clutch bag.
The Countess finished the ensemble with grey heels, while sweeping her hair back and adding a touch of glamorous makeup.
Elsewhere, Edward donned a blue and orange tartan kilt, pairing it with a brown jacket and shirt.
The couple’s visit comes after the the Queen was introduced to Scotland’s national drink Irn Bru as she kicked off a four-day Holyrood Week charm offensive today – just one month after Scottish media said sending ‘popular’ Prince William and Kate Middleton north of the border was a ‘shrewd move’.
Making her first official visit north of the border since the death of her husband, the Duke of Edinburgh, Her Majesty was given a tour of AG Barr’s factory in Cumbernauld, where the iconic soft drink is manufactured. Read more: daily mail
- BREAKING: Angry Commonwealth protestors topple and deface statues of Queen Elizabeth and her great-great-grandmother Victoria
- Medals of Princess Margaret’s RAF ‘ace’ beloved Peter Townsend are set for £200,000 sale at auction
- Queen looks radiant in vibrant coat and matching hat as she joins Princess Anne in Scotland
- Queen watches Prince William try Scotland’s national drink Irn Bru
- Sophie Wessex dissolves into giggles as tries her hand at golf in Scotland
- Queen forced to make ‘adjustments’ as transition to Charles ‘handled with great care’